10.25.2006

purpose.

I had an interesting conversation with Merlin last night. She was talking about how she sometimes feels like her purpose in life is to get married and have children. I was just thinking about that a little bit. I want to get married (eventually) as much as the next girl, but yet I wouldn't really say that I think my entire point in life is to procreate. I'd like a child or two, but... I don't know. Not right away. Not for a long time. Regardless of when I'd like to get married (which is a thought that keeps changing rather drastically...) I've always wanted to wait a pretty decently long time to have children. I don't really see that as being the singular reason to get married, and I don't see any reason to be in a hurry about it. But who knows? Maybe I'm going to change my mind about that once I'm already married.

There is a part of me that kind of wants to get married sooner rather than later. It's probably just early 20s hormones. Maybe it's what society tells me I should want. Maybe I'm just feeling kind of lonely recently. ...I think it's maybe the last one.

Bah. I don't know. I have the strongest desire to dissolve into stupid girly whiney rambling. You know, "why don't boys think I'm cute? Boo-hoo." I hate it, really. But... regardless, it does seem kind of true occassionally. Or, it seems true all the time, but it I think about it occassionally.

I dislike the way this rant is going. I'm starting to annoy myself. Shut up, you fool.

No comments: